Saturday, September 19, 2009

Fall T.V.!

House is back on Monday with a two hour premiere. I can't wait to see what happens!

Law and Order: SVU is moving to Wednesday...the night I have choir practice. This will be a problem come January and the return of Lost!

I have mixed feelings about the re-imagination of V- the fantastic five part miniseries (and the lame weekly series that followed) that aired on NBC in 1983 and 1984. All five parts of the original were great fun and scary, and the story was so good. V was my first non-Star Trek/Star Wars fandom. I still have the novelization and spin-off novels somewhere. The new show looks slick and entertaining, with better visual and make-up effects, but many of the ideas that made the original unique just don't seem to be there. I'll probably watch just for the heck of it, to see if it's good in its own right.

I would really rather have a miniseries that picks up where The Final Battle left off, disregarding the messy and often silly series that followed. It would be great to have the original cast back, 25 years after the Visitors were supposedly defeated!

I have the original minis on VHS. I think I'm going to re-watch them soon!

No comments: