Saturday, February 16, 2008

Torchwood- "Meat"

Ew, ew, ew. That's about all I really have to say about this episode. Plot: Gwen's fiancé stumbles onto a suspicious meat packing operation...and Torchwood uses him to break it up. Gwen finally tells Rhys the truth about her job. The meat is alien in origin, of course...and it's getting into the local food supply. The Torchwood team may never eat meat again (Owen is shown picking the meat of his pizza!).

Lots of little goodies in this episode, though the CGI monster left a little to be desired. Sometimes it must really suck to have a limited budget!

Oh, the huge manatee! (yes, I know the joke has been done for this episode already, but I couldn't resist...)



The effects may have been shoddy, but the creature's wails were heartbreaking. I was actually glad when Owen put it out of its misery.

My love for Mr. Ianto Jones grows with each episode. He gets to kick ass and also gets the best lines. "Listen to Ahab." "Guess I'll stock up on plankton."

Oh hai there! I has a stun gun. Let me show you it. *zap*



I love the look on his face before he opens the can of whoop-ass.

The ending was nice, too, with Gwen standing up to Jack by refusing to give Rhys the memory wiping pill. So the secret is out...that can not mean anything good for Rhys. I see trouble in the future...

More good lines:
Gwen: Have you ever eaten alien meat?
Jack: Sure.
Gwen: What was it like?
Jack: He seemed to enjoy it.
(Ooooo, Jack. Naughty!)

Owen channels Doctor Who with his "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry" to the dying alien.

The not so good: Jack's delivery of "What have they done to you, my poor friend" was almost cringe-worthy. When John Barrowman is good, he's very very good. But when he's bad...

Pictures are from time-and-space.co.uk Marvelous screencaps for each episode!

I have already seen Adam and Reset...but I'll wait to do my reviews. The ending of Reset is a shocker...

No comments: